JFA Purple Orange
JFA Purple Orange is the social policy agency of the Julia Farr group. We are a non-government, social profit organisation that conducts research and engages in dialogue with people with lived experience of disability to develop policy and practice. Our work is anchored on the principles of Personhood and Citizenhood.
We are not a service agency providing hands on support. Instead, we try and influence the way things happen in our communities so that people living with disability get a fair go at everything life has to offer.
JFA Purple Orange has a job opening for a Policy and Project Leader
Employment Type: initial 2 year contract
Location: Greenhill Road, Unley, South Australia
Do you want to make a real contribution to delivering independence, power, choice and control to people living with disability? Have you had success leading policy or projects that influence positive changes?
To be successful working with us, you need to demonstrate that you are:
- Values-driven: Deeply-felt value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability and their families, especially in respect of choices and inclusion.
- Consultative: Capacity to develop and coordinate research and consultation projects
- Analytical: Capacity to analyse and communicate complex issues, and to identify ways forward, in both verbal and written form.
- Strong writing: capacity to write influentially, for a diverse audience
- Diplomatic: Capacity to diplomatically navigate complex and sensitive issues, and build influential relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Self-starting: able to work under limited supervision, establish priorities, initiate work and meet deadlines
- Organised: Capacity to work in a project-based environment
- Qualified: relevant degree (or similar)
We aim to fill more than one position, as we expand our capacity to contribute to policy and practice across a range of themes including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), employment, education, housing and inclusive technology. If successful, you will work as part of a team and you will have responsibility for one or more themes.
The roles are offered on a full time basis; reduced hours are possible. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Send your application to Mr Geoff Barber, Chief Operating Officer, Purple Orange, Applications to be submitted via Seek or email@example.com. Enquiries 08 8373 8333
We will commence the short listing process on the 4 June 2018
JFA Purple Orange is the social policy agency of the Julia Farr group. We conduct research and engage with people with lived experience of disability to develop policy and practice.