Facilitator Training by Disability Elders of All Ages
When: 23 Jan. 2020 @ 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Restless Dance Theatre 195 Gilles St Adelaide SA 5000
You are invited to attend FREE Facilitator Training, hosted by the Disability Elders of All Ages peer network and facilitated by Belonging Matters Inc.
This event is FREE for people living with disability
Facilitated by Belonging Matters, this 5 hour training will allow participants to gain facilitation skills to use in their practice.
The topics covered include:
• The role of the facilitator
• Identity: affirming members identity. Encouraging member contribution. Creating welcome
• Creating group purpose, vision and values
• Connection: we don't come to meetings to be alone. We want to feel connection.
• How to run a group – gain interest and enthusiasm. How we work together as a group.
• Techniques for facilitation - making meetings/content fun and content engaging.
• Holding and acknowledging thoughts, views and differences of opinion
• Action: People want something to happen, for there to be movement and change.
• How to speak confidently and get your point across
The event is hosted by the Disability Elders of All Ages peer network who are a group of people living with physical and sensory disability in Adelaide, South Australia.
Deb Rouget is the CEO of Belonging Matters in Melbourne. For nearly 30 years, she has been involved in the lives of people with a disability and their families and has gained much practical experience and wisdom about imagining and designing supports that enable people with a disability to have typical opportunities in the community. This work has included assisting people with a disability to imagine and craft flexible and individualised living arrangements that enable, even people with complex needs, to live in a home of their own.
Teresa Micallef has always chosen to work at the cutting edge of change in community and has worked alongside people with disabilities and their families for over 20 years. For over nine years she was the Coordinator of a family governed service called Living Distinctive Lives (LDL). LDL is a family governed collective that enables each person to live in their own home with personally tailored support. Teresa is currently the Project Manager of Building Community Networks at Belonging Matters.
The workshop will be engaging and interactive. Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided at no cost.
This workshop is strictly for people who live with disability. Participants should include people in current facilitation roles and people who want to enter facilitation roles in the future.
For more information or if you need assistance with registration please contact Kathryn on (08) 8373 8311 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is supported through an NDIS ILC Grant.