Julia Farr Trust Funds
Julia Farr Trust Funds administers three trust funds designed to assist people living with disability in South Australia.
General Purpose Distribution Fund
This fund is available to assist financially disadvantaged people living with disability to access items that will improve their quality of life. Grants are up to $3000 per applicant within a financial year and must be allocated for at least one of the following purposes:
- Minor essential items of personal need (where a person is assessed to be financially unable to acquire such items) or
- Services of a temporary nature when other funding is not available or
- Activities that enhance quality of life.
Short Stay Holiday Distribution Fund
This fund is available to assist financially disadvantaged people living with disability to access short stay holidays in an equitable and dignified manner, at a mainstream location, and with people, of their choice. The fund aims to assist people living with disability with the costs associated with travel.
Funds are typically granted for vacations within South Australia or other places that people can visit for a short period of time.
Grants are for amounts up to a total of $1,000 per applicant within any one financial year.
In making decisions about applications, we consider:
- Nature of the person’s disability
- Extent of availability of other funding sources, including the person’s own resources
- Length of time since the person last had a vacation
- Extent to which the planned vacation puts the person in the role of active traveler, tourist and customer in a mainstream setting.
The JFA Noske Christmas Fund
The JFA Noske Christmas Fund distributes grants of up to $200 to assist eligible adults living with physical disability, acquired brain injury or degenerative neurological disorder, to celebrate Christmas.
The Fund was established in 2009 in honour of the late Mr Noske who set aside funds to spread the joy of Christmas. Eligible recipients have received grant assistance for various personal items, including mini-break holidays, electrical goods, presents for loved ones, personal gifts, clothing, food for Christmas day and more.