We're Hiring a Digital and Social Media Storyteller
Do you want to help create a world where people who live with disability get a fair go at what life has to offer?
Can you harness the power of social media to not only share information, but also to start a conversation and inspire audience participation?
If you've answered yes, you might be the digital and social media guru that JFA Purple Orange is looking for!
We are an Adelaide-based social-profit organisation working to influence the way things happen in our communities so that people living with disability get a fair go at everything life has to offer. We are in need of someone social media savvy who can help us connect meaningfully with our audience in the digital space. Your role will be to communicate what we are working on and what we are talking about, and to push out our videos and other media content to a wider audience. You will help design and run social media campaigns, including ones that encourage our audience to generate their own content by sharing their stories, experiences and insights. You will also assist the media production and connection leader on video shoots, giving practical support while seeking additional opportunities for behind the scenes social media posts.
To be successful working with us, you need to demonstrate that you are:
• Values-driven: Deeply-felt value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability and their families, especially in respect of choices and inclusion.
• Social Media Savvy: You will understand the social media landscape and how to best use it to connect and engage with our audience.
• Creative: You will be able to think outside the square to not only tell our stories, but bring to bring our audience into the stories we tell.
• Strong writing: You have the capacity to break down complex information, cut through the jargon, and repackage into conversational language.
• Analytical: Capacity to analyse and communicate complex issues.
• Diplomatic: Capacity to diplomatically navigate complex and sensitive issues, and build influential relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
• Self-starting: able to work under limited supervision, establish priorities, initiate work and meet deadlines
• Organised: Capacity to balance work across various projects at once.
• Qualified: relevant degree (or similar)
The role is offered on a full time basis; reduced hours are possible. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Send your application including cover letter to Ms Carey Scheer, Media Production and Connection Leader, Purple Orange, Applications to be submitted via Seek or email@example.com. Enquiries 08 8373 8333