JFA Purple Orange is looking for a Policy and Research Leader
Employment Type: 3 year contract
Location: Greenhill Road, Unley, South Australia
Do you want to make a real contribution to delivering independence, power, choice and control to people living with disability? Have you had success leading policy or projects that influence positive changes?
JFA Purple Orange is an Adelaide-based social-profit organisation working to improve the life chances of people living with disability, and we have more than one position available for people who can lead change.
We conduct research, run consultations and contribute to policy development. We also deliver projects that influence practice.
To be successful working with us, you need to demonstrate that you are:
- Values-driven: Deeply-felt value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability and their families, especially in respect of choices and inclusion.
- Consultative: Capacity to develop and coordinate research and consultation projects
- Analytical: Capacity to analyse and communicate complex issues, and to identify ways forward, in both verbal and written form.
- Strong writing: capacity to write influentially, for a diverse audience
- Diplomatic: Capacity to diplomatically navigate complex and sensitive issues, and build influential relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Self-starting: able to work under limited supervision, establish priorities, initiate work and meet deadlines
- Organised: Capacity to work in a project-based environment
- Qualified: relevant degree (or similar)
We are expanding our capacity to contribute to policy and practice across a range of themes including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), employment, education, housing and inclusive technology. If successful, you will work as part of a team and you will have responsibility for one or more themes.
The role is offered on a full time basis; reduced hours are possible. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Send your application to Mr Robbi Williams, CEO, Purple Orange, Applications to be submitted via Seek or firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries 08 8373 8333
We will commence the short listing process on the 3 September 2018