Julia Farr Trust Funds
Julia Farr Trust Funds administers three trust funds designed to assist people living with disability in South Australia.
1) General Purpose Distribution Fund
This fund is available to assist financially disadvantaged people living with disability to access items that will improve their quality of life. Grants are up to $3000 per applicant within a financial year and must be allocated for at least one of the following purposes:
- Minor essential items of personal need (where a person is assessed to be financially unable to acquire such items) or
- Services of a temporary nature when other funding is not available or
- Activities that enhance quality of life.
2) Short Stay Holiday Distribution Fund
This fund is available to assist financially disadvantaged people living with disability to access short stay holidays in an equitable and dignified manner, at a mainstream location, and with people, of their choice. The fund aims to assist people living with disability with the costs associated with travel.
Funds are typically granted for vacations within South Australia or other places that people can visit for a short period of time.
Grants are for amounts up to a total of $1,000 per applicant within any one financial year.
In making decisions about applications, we consider:
- Nature of the person’s disability
- Extent of availability of other funding sources, including the person’s own resources
- Length of time since the person last had a vacation
- Extent to which the planned vacation puts the person in the role of active traveler, tourist and customer in a mainstream setting.
Please refer to the following guidelines when preparing your application:
- Applications are accepted at any time and funds are distributed bi-monthly
- Trustee decisions are guided by:
- The trust funds available
- The nature of previous grants awarded to the applicant
- The role of government/public funds in the provision of relevant items and services
- Who will own/consume the item/service, and whether the item or service will remain with the grant recipient should they move dwellings
- The presence of other grant-making entities better-suited to the item or
3) The JFA Noske Christmas Fund
The JFA Noske Christmas Fund distributes grants of up to $150 to assist eligible adults living with physical disability, acquired brain injury or degenerative neurological disorder, to celebrate Christmas.
The Fund was established in 2009 in honour of the late Mr Noske who set aside funds to spread the joy of Christmas. Eligible recipients have received grants for various personal items associated with Christmas, including short holidays, electrical goods, presents for loved ones, clothing, food for Christmas day and more.
SPECIAL NOTICE: The number of applicants is likely to exceed the number of grants available. Therefore, not every applicant will receive a grant. This includes applicants who have received grants in previous years. Please do not assume your application will be successful just because you meet the eligibility criteria, and do not make any spending commitments until you have been notified about the outcome of your application.
Am I eligible?
The eligibility criteria has been established to respect the original purpose of the funds as specified by the benefactor. To be eligible you must:
- Be a person aged over 18 years living with physical disability, acquired brain injury or degenerative neurological disorder; and
- Reside in South Australia; and
- Receive, or be eligible for, a disability support pension or equivalent.
To apply for any of the Julia Farr Trust Funds (Short Holiday, General Distribution, JFA Noske Christmas Fund), download and complete the relevant application form available below and return to us via post:
JFA Purple Orange
PO Box 701
Unley Business Centre
If you have any queries regarding the application process please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (08) 8373 8333.