Julia Farr Trust Funds
Julia Farr Trust Funds administers three trust funds designed to assist people living with disability in South Australia.
1) General Purpose Distribution Fund
This fund is available to assist people living with disability who are on low income to access items that will improve their quality of life. Grants of up to $3000 per applicant per financial year are available for one or more of the following purposes:
- Minor essential items of personal need (where a person is assessed to be financially unable to acquire such items) or
- Services of a temporary nature when other funding is not available or
- Activities that enhance quality of life.
2) Short Stay Holiday Distribution Fund
This fund is available to assist people living with disability who are on low income to access short stay holidays in an equitable and dignified manner, at a mainstream location, and with people of their choice. The fund aims to assist people living with disability with the costs associated with travel, accommodation and mainstream tourism activities.
Funds are typically granted for vacations within South Australia or other places that people can visit for a short period of time.
Grants are for amounts up to a total of $1,000 per applicant within a financial year.
In making decisions about applications, we consider:
- Nature of your disability
- Length of time since you last had a holiday
- Extent to which the planned holiday puts you in the role of an active traveller, tourist and customer in a mainstream setting.
The JFA Noske Christmas Fund provides grants of up to $150 to assist eligible adults living with physical disability, acquired brain injury or degenerative neurological disorder, to celebrate Christmas.
The Fund was established in 2009 in honour of the late Mr. Noske who set aside funds to spread the joy of Christmas. Grants are available to support personal costs associated with Christmas, including presents for loved ones, food for Christmas day, clothing, travel and more.
JFA Noske Christmas Fund applications are OPEN.
Please refer to the following guidelines when preparing your application:
- Applications are accepted at any time. Decisions are made by a committee of people living with disability. The committee meets every two to three months.
- Trustee decisions are guided by:
- The trust funds available
- Any previous grants awarded to the applicant
- The role of government/public funds in the provision of relevant items and services
- Whether anyone other than the applicant will benefit from the grant.
To apply for General Distribution, Short Stay Holiday or the JFA Noske Christmas Fund, download and complete the relevant application form available below and return it to us.
JFA Purple Orange
104 Greenhill Road, Unley SA 5061
If you have any queries regarding the application process please contact us via email email@example.com or call on (08) 8373 8333.