Policy Submisison: Proposal to trial life chances-based methodologies and measures in the NDIS
If you have any issue accessing this document please let us know and we will try our best to resolve the issue. You can reach us on 08 8373 8333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This proposal sets out a program of 7 strategic projects that together constitute a trial of NDIS methodologies and measures based on the advancement of a person’s life chances. The projects are offered as an opportunity to explore the goodness-of-fit of an approach to the NDIS pathway, including agency roles and character, and including outcome measures, anchored on the Model of Citizenhood Support. Published in its second edition in 2013, the Model is a conceptual framework for understanding and advancing the extent of a person’s control and choice (termed Personhood in the Model), and understanding and advancing the extent of a person’s participation in valued roles in community life and the economy (termed Citizenhood in the Model).
Summary of Benefits of the Project Suite
This seven-project program carries a range of benefits, including:
- Opportunity to develop an actuary model based on each participant’s proximity to life chances
- Opportunity to advance and uphold NDIS financial sustainability by exploring key efficiency possibilities re assessment and planning.
- Opportunity to test an outcomes tool that measures impact on life chances (and therefore generating return-on-investment data critical to the actuary model and the sustainability of the Scheme)
- Opportunity to quantify life-chance gap data as it relates to other government portfolios such as transportation, education, health, to help protect NDIS from costs-shifting (or cost avoidance) from those portfolios, and to build co-strategy with key other portfolios to ensure proper use of NDIS funds and proper inclusion capacity-building at those other portfolios
- Opportunity to develop an approach to risk that provides good safeguards in people's lives without curtailing their access to life chances
- Opportunity to develop a coherent values-based framework that can be directly mapped to staff and stakeholder practice.
- Use of Co-design methodology to help build stakeholder commitment to the system
- Opportunity to test a framework that could have positive implications for related social